Aloe vera has been found to have many benefits for dental health. One is for treatment of gum disease.
Gum disease may be caused by different factors, which include:
- Changes in hormones such as during puberty, menopause, pregnancy and menstruation
- Illnesses that weaken the immune system like cancer and HIV
- Medications that affect oral health such as those that reduce saliva flow
- Unhealthy habits such as smoking
- Poor dental hygiene
- Family history of oral disease
Here’s how you can use aloe vera to treat gum disease.