It’s true what they say that not all fats are bad. One type of fat that you don’t have to stay away from is omega 3. Omega 3 fatty acids can be found in fatty fish like salmon and mackerel, and also in nuts and seeds like Chia seeds. These are not only rich in antioxidants but also have anti-inflammatory properties that can fend off many types of diseases.
Here are some of the benefits of omega 3 fatty acids:
- Reduces risk of heart disease
- Fights rheumatoid arthritis
- Helps depressive symptoms
- Promotes visual and neurological development in infants
- Treats asthma and allergies
Chia seeds are delicious and healthy. Enjoy their many health perks.