Garlic has long been touted as an amazing health remedy. For many decades, it has been used to treat various health conditions. Whether fresh or cooked, included in dishes or consumed raw, garlic can provide numerous benefits for the body. This is why, people overlook “garlic breath” to enjoy the following perks:
- Garlic strengthens immune resistance. Regular consumption of garlic means fewer incidences of cough, congestion, cold, chest infections and flu. Even during the flu season, garlic clove dipped in honey can ward off minor respiratory ailments.
- Garlic can help treat hyperthyroid conditions. How does this work? It contains a high amount of iodine that can improve this condition significantly.
- Garlic can lower the risk of heart disease. Since bad cholesterol can be reduced if you include garlic in your daily dishes, this spice can also keep heart diseases at bay.
- Garlic can treat fungal and bacterial infections being a natural and potent antibiotic. In World War I, it was said that soldiers applied crushed garlic on wounds to prevent infection.
- Garlic can prevent various types of cancer including colon, breast, prostate, bladder, and stomach with the vitamin B6 that it contains.
- Garlic regulates level of blood sugar. At the same time, it balances insulin levels in the blood. This is why, people suffering from diabetes are often advised to include garlic in their daily diet.
This medicinal wonder surely has a lot of benefits that you would want to take advantage of. However, you need to be careful in consuming it in large doses. Eating too much garlic can be detrimental to health. And to avoid bad breath, make it a habit to chew on a mint leaf after eating garlic or any dish with garlic.