Start your day right with a drink that can do so much for your health. This lemon water beverage (recipe can be found in the post below) benefits the body by detoxifying the liver and giving you young and radiant skin.
As you already know, the liver is the body’s primary tool for cleansing, and getting rid of toxins and impurities. You can just imagine the amount of work it has to do just to keep your entire system functioning properly. If you ingest more toxins than your liver can handle, then it needs all the help it can get to clean up all your mess.
One way you can help your liver is by drinking lemon water. How does this help? Lemon water promotes the production of bile, a substance used by the body for digestion. While at it, it also regulates excess bile to avoid damage in the digestive tract. On top of these, it promotes proper liver functioning; helping this organ to do what it does best and that’s to flush out toxins from your body.
This is just one of the many amazing benefits of lemon water. Here are others that would really convince you to make this a morning routine:
- Gives you fresh breath. Suffering from bad breath that makes you want to go into hiding and never to talk to anyone again? Put an end to this embarrassing problem with lemon water that disinfects the inside of your mouth
- Regulates pH balance in the body. It’s a popular misconception that lemon is highly acidic, when the truth is, it has potent alkalizing properties.
- Empowers the immune system. One way lemon water does this is by helping the body absorb more iron, a mineral necessary for stronger immune resistance.
- Provides anti-aging benefits. Another thing you’ll love about lemon water is how it can make you look younger than your age. Lemon is rich in antioxidants that fight free radicals in the body. Free radicals cause signs of premature skin aging like fine lines, crow’s feet and wrinkles. Lemon also has vitamin C, which ups the production of collagen of the skin.
- Keeps urinary tract healthy. Lemon water is a natural diuretic, meaning it encourages urination. This helps prevent a number of urinary tract related diseases like urinary tract infection (UTI).
Isn’t it amazing how just by squeezing a half lemon in your water, you can enjoy all these wonderful health benefits and more?