You’ve heard the saying: “An apple a day keeps the doctor away.” But what about a banana a day? You probably enjoy a banana every once in a while, but what are the benefits of eating bananas every day? Did you know bananas have a whole variety of benefits from soothing itchy mosquito bites to protect against some cancers? Read on for more on these golden fruits.
- Fight depression. Bananas have a lot of tryptophan, which is linked to elated moods in the brain.
- Keep the swelling down. The high content of Vitamin B-6 help bananas to reduce swelling.
- Help you kick the habit. If you’re trying to quit smoking bananas may help. Their amount of B-vitamins, potassium. and magnesium help with withdrawal symptoms.
- Make your workout cramp-free. Or at least, they may reduce cramps during and after strenuous activities.
- Regulate Blood Sugar. Bananas are blood regulators which help to regulate blood sugar, helping you to feel better all-around.
- Ease constipation. Bananas have a high fiber content. This fiber will help regulate your bowels.
- Lower blood pressure. The FDA says bananas can lower blood pressure and eating a banana may help protect you from heart attack or stroke.
- Treat anemia. Your blood will be stronger and your anemia weaker thanks to bananas and their load of iron.
- Help you take a test. Bananas may help you feel more alert and ready thanks to their potassium content.
If these benefits weren’t enough, read on for more ways bananas may help you to stay healthy and happy. You can even find a recipe for a delicious banana smoothie to spice up your daily banana routine.